Working people frequently ask retired people what they do to make their days interesting.
Well for example, the other day I went downtown into a shop.
I was in there for about 5 minutes and when I came out, there was a cop writing out a parking ticket.
I said to him, 'Come on man, how about giving a retired person a break?'
He ignored me and continued writing the ticket.
I called him a Nazi.
He glared at me and wrote another ticket for having worn tires.
So I called him a doughnut eating Gestapo.
He finished the second ticket and put it on the windshield with the first.
Then he wrote a third ticket.
This went on for 20 minutes.
The more I abused him, the more tickets he wrote.
Personally, I didn't care.
I came downtown on the bus.
The car that he was putting the tickets on had a bumper sticker that said "OBAMA in '08."
I try to have a little fun each day now that I'm retired. It's important to my health.





Bookmarks